Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Open Letter to Any Liberals Who May Stumble Upon This Blog:

I never said that we can or should place all of the blame for the current recession on any one person or group. I try hard to be scrupulous about saying and writing what I mean to say and write. Unlike many others (N.B. I don't say all) whom I have read, I spend a lot of time reviewing my drafts before I publish the posts.

I also try hard to avoid sweeping generalizations, except in those cases when I am speaking facetiously or with tongue-in-cheek. I allow myself some leeway for humor on my blog. After all, it is an avocation for me, not a profession. If I were a professional journalist, I wouldn't allow myself to make the kinds of remarks that many MSM "journalists" make routinely (I refer to hacks like, but by no means limited to, Chris Matthews and Teeth D'Olbermann).

When I embed a video or quote another blogger (with attributional links, if available), it does not necessarily mean that I subscribe to everything they have said in every aspect. My own opinions, and frequently that is all anyone's comments are unless they are assertions of a factual matter, are contained in whatever text I write outside the quotes, images, and embedded videos.

I am not so shallow as to ascribe exclusive culpability for an incredibly complicated financial and economic situation as the one we are in to any one demographic or interest group. I am sure that there are many culprits and I can not begin to enumerate who they may all be. Even Alan Greenspan doesn't have all the answers. But that should not preclude me from speculating about who some of the culprits may be, just as everyone else who voices their opinion does. The Bill of Rights guarantees my right to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment