Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

§ I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: (I've Had) The Time Of My Life

{Song #67 « Song #68 » Song #69}

§ ≡ One of an ongoing series of posts in which I pick, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best songs of the second millennium. Feel free to offer constructive dissenting opinions; preferably set to music.


The Time Of My Life
Song #68 is (I've Had) The Time of My Life sung by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes, after having been selected to be the finale song for the 1987 film Dirty Dancing. The film features Patrick Swayze, Jennifer Grey, Cynthia Rhodes, and Jerry Orbach. The story is a coming of age drama that documents a teenaged woman's rebellion against her father by starting a relationship with a dance instructor during a family summer vacation. Almost a third of the film involves dancing scenes choreographed by Kenny Ortega (later famous for High School Musical), and the finale has been described as "the most goosebump-inducing dance scene in movie history".




Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life


Post #1,289 § I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: (I've Had) The Time Of My Life

No comments:

Post a Comment