Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

§ I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Up Where We Belong

{Song #68 « Song #69 » Song #70}

§ ≡ One of an ongoing series of posts in which I pick, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best songs of the second millennium. Feel free to offer constructive dissenting opinions; preferably set to music.

Up Where We Belong


Song #69 is Up Where We Belong sung by Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes, is a song from the 1982 film An Officer and a Gentleman. Written by Jack Nitzsche and Buffy Sainte-Marie, with lyrics by Will Jennings. The song was part of the "An Officer and a Gentleman Original Soundtrack", and was later released as part of "The Best of Joe Cocker" (1993). In 1991, it was re-released as a Jennifer Warnes CD-single alongside "First We Take Manhattan" and "(I've Had) The Time of My Life". The song's composer, Buffy Sainte-Marie, did a cover of the song for her album "Up Where We Belong" and the TV special of the same name.


Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes - Up Where We Belong


Post #1,302 § I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Up Where We Belong

No comments:

Post a Comment