Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

§ I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: The Twelfth of Never

{Song #26 « Song #27 » Song #28}

§ ≡ One of an ongoing series of posts in which I pick, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best songs of the second millennium. Feel free to offer constructive dissenting opinions; preferably set to music.

Song #27 is The Twelfth of Never sung by Johnny Mathis.

After my undergraduate career at Cornell in engineering physics, during which time I managed to attend 2 or 3 parties (total) on campus, I began my grad school career at Columbia in nuclear physics, with a renewed interest in "social" studies.

I recall going to a singles weekend in the Pocono Mountains (Pennsylvania). I had average success there, if you know what I mean, but I did see one guy whose success rate was off the charts. I had to know what his secret was. I managed to speak to him during one of his "breaks in the action", so I asked him. His response was just two words: Johnny Mathis.

When I got back to Columbia, I went directly to the local record store.

The Twelfth of Never- Johnny Mathis


Post #894 § I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: The Twelfth of Never

No comments:

Post a Comment