Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

If I were a Liberal …

Louis XV of FranceImage via Wikipedia

If I were a rich man and

totally self-absorbed  …

Related source » The Secret Knowledge: On the Dismantling of American Culture [Kindle Edition]
[This related source is recommended in its entirety.]

“The mastery of skills is, more basically, essential, as inculcating the practical approach to problems: that is, "What am I trying to accomplish, is it worthwhile, what are its probable costs, where might I go for guidance, what tools do I require, how may I judge my progress?" These tools are the necessary precondition of any success in the world, whether in changing a tire or in supporting a family. As obvious as it is to state, the test, "How will I know when I am done?" seems to have escaped the voters on the Left. "When," they might be asked, "will there be enough 'Social Justice'? When will there be enough redistributing of wealth? When will there be enough 'equality'?" This inability, in the electorate, to frame actual, practicable goals is exploited, first by the demagogue, and then by the dictator he may become or who replaces him; for, in the totalitarian state, nothing is enough, and, so the "Programs" must always continue.”
— David Mamet, The Secret Knowledge (Footnote #8)



As I mention in these pages from time to time, I used to be a Liberal, largely because I come from the long-standing Liberal-tradition of most American Ashkenazi-Jews (i.e., descended from the medieval Jewish communities along the Rhine in Germany). And not unlike David Mamet himself, I have figured out that some traditions are best discarded after a person is able to reflect upon, analyze, and comprehend what motivates the rich and powerful on the Left, particularly those who aspire to such self-serving positions.

In a nut-shell, they aspire to positions of wealth and power that will last them a lifetime, particularly their own. And the devil take what follows. It is the modern version of Louis XV's, “Après moi, le déluge” (“After me, the deluge”). As The Obama Himself is fond of repeating, "Let me be perfectly clear": After Bill Clinton, Al Gore, The Obama Himself, and many others of their ilk have had their orgies of decadent affluence, they don't give a flying f*ck what happens next. They say such pablum as, "The individual at some point, must be able to say, 'I have enough money'", but they view themselves to be far above such individuals. They view the latter as individual schmucks (suckers).

Well, I am not rich; nor am I powerful. And, for some reason that I haven't quite figured out yet, I give a damn what happens after I am gone. Perhaps I believe that my own afterlife will exist in the memories of my loved ones. I want my loved ones who survive me to have the luxury of some leisure time to experience fond memories. I don't want them to be entirely absorbed by a day-to-day struggle to stay alive for another day of struggling, in a world deluged by a tsunami of hurt unleashed by the likes of Obama and their accursed policies of destruction.

Post 1,664 If I were a Liberal …

No comments:

Post a Comment