Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

§ I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Hotel California

{Song #52 « Song #53 » Song #54}

§ ≡ One of an ongoing series of posts in which I pick, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best songs of the second millennium. Feel free to offer constructive dissenting opinions; preferably set to music.

Song #53 is Hotel California, sung by the Eagles. It is the title song from the Eagles' album of the same name, and was released as a single in early 1977. It is one of the best-known songs of the album-oriented rock era. Writing credits for the song are shared by Don Felder, Don Henley and Glenn Frey. The Eagles' original recording of the song features Henley singing the lead vocals and concludes with an extended section of electric guitar interplay between Felder and Joe Walsh.

Ah, California; the great American Golden State; that failed, big time. I've had a love/hate relationship with it for decades.

In 1981, I spent a 3-month change of station in Mountainview. It was the best boondoggle I ever experienced.

Since that glorious time, California has accelerated in a downward spiral to its present godforsaken state. With that troika of stupidity (Pelosi, Boxer, and Feinstein), Holyshitwood, and myriads of strung-out 60-ish hippies, most of whom haven't bathed since the '50s, ranting about the price of gasoline and whine, you couldn't get me to live there now if you paid me all the IOU's they print in a week's worth of pissing in the Santa Ana winds.

Eagles — Hotel California
h/t bear420 | MySpace Video

Post #1,125 § I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Hotel California

1 comment:

  1. Hotel California is definitely one of the hit songs which you would still get to hear on the radio every once in a while these days.

    ReplyDelete