Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

§ I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: My Heart Belongs to Me

{Song #30 « Song #31 » Song #32}

§ ≡ One of an ongoing series of posts in which I pick, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best songs of the second millennium. Feel free to offer constructive dissenting opinions; preferably set to music.

Song #31 is My Heart Belongs to Me sung by Barbra Streisand. Released as a single from her multi-platinum 1977 album Streisand Superman, "My Heart Belongs to Me" peaked at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart during the summer of that year. It also spent four weeks at #1 on the Billboard adult contemporary chart, Streisand's fourth #1 song on this survey.

Alright already; your heart belongs to you. And, of course, so does your golden voice. Your brain, however, such as it is, belongs to some village that has misplaced its idiot.

Be that as it may, there is no denying that magnificent voice.



Post #939 § I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: My Heart Belongs to Me

No comments:

Post a Comment