Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

§ I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Someone to Watch Over Me

{Song #7 « Song #8 » Song #9}

§ ≡ One of an ongoing series of posts in which I pick, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best songs of the second millennium. Feel free to offer constructive dissenting opinions; preferably set to music.

Song #8 is Someone to Watch Over Me, sung by Linda Ronstadt. Composed by the great George Gershwin (with lyrics by Ira Gershwin) in 1926, this key work in the Great American Songbook was given a memorable performance by Ronstadt, accompanied by Nelson Riddle and his orchestra, recorded on the "What's New" album.



Post #724 § I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Someone to Watch Over Me

No comments:

Post a Comment