Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

§ I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Rock Around The Clock

{Song #33 « Song #34 » Song #35}

§ ≡ One of an ongoing series of posts in which I pick, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best songs of the second millennium. Feel free to offer constructive dissenting opinions; preferably set to music.

Song #34 is Rock Around the Clock sung by Bill Haley & His Comets.

Although it was not the first rock and roll record, Haley's recording became an anthem for rebellious Fifties youth and is widely considered to be the song that, more than any other, brought rock and roll into mainstream culture in the United States and around the world.

Having just returned from my 50th Hicksville High School (NY) Reunion, and since my high school's sports teams were nicknamed "The Comets", it is appropriate that I now pick this iconic song of 1950s American youth.


Post #957 § I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Rock Around The Clock

No comments:

Post a Comment