Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

§ I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Flashdance ... What a Feeling

{Song #32 « Song #33 » Song #34}

§ ≡ One of an ongoing series of posts in which I pick, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best songs of the second millennium. Feel free to offer constructive dissenting opinions; preferably set to music.

Song #33 is Flashdance ... What a Feeling sung by Irene Cara.

In addition to topping the Billboard Hot 100 and earning a platinum record in 1983, "Flashdance ... What a Feeling" won the Academy Award for Best Original Song and the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song in 1984.

A truly wonderful song, full of energy and spirit. And my opinion is not influenced by the dancing of Jennifer Beals. Not in the least. Honest.



Post #954 § I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Flashdance ... What a Feeling

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen Jennifer Beals on the Fox network show "Lie to Me?" Twenty years later, she is still amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the new episode which was broadcast last night, but I had no idea that was Jennifer Beals!

    ReplyDelete