Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

§ I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: I Saw Her Standing There

{Song #34 « Song #35 » Song #36}

§ ≡ One of an ongoing series of posts in which I pick, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best songs of the second millennium. Feel free to offer constructive dissenting opinions; preferably set to music.

Song #35 is I Saw Her Standing There sung by The Beatles:
According to the RIAA certifications, The Beatles have sold more albums in the US than any other artist. They are credited with six Diamond albums, as well as 24 Multi-Platinum albums, 39 Platinum albums and 45 Gold albums. In 2008, Billboard magazine released a list of the all-time top-selling Hot 100 artists to celebrate the chart's fiftieth anniversary, with The Beatles at number one. The Beatles were collectively included in Time magazine's Time 100: The Most Important People of the Century.

Nevertheless, my favorite Beatles song is one that only peaked at #14 on the Billboard Hot 100. Must have had something to do with my having been a young man at the time this song came out, and it being about some 17-year-old girl who looked "way beyond compare" ... In fact, come to think of it, I was (and still am, I guess) exactly the same age as one of the Beatles.


Post #965 § I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: I Saw Her Standing There

No comments:

Post a Comment