Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

All things; all the people; all the time; all the votes

"I am for all the things that will get me a vote. I am against everything that will lose me votes. I support all of the people; I am against none of the people. I am doing the people's work all of the time. I am never wasting any time. I want to be elected unanimously. So please, please vote for me. I will be your personal slave when I am elected!"
The foregoing is virtually every politician's platform. It is complete and utter bullshit, with just a touch of horseshit thrown in for good measure. No reasonable human can be all things to all people all of the time. Hence, any politician who claims to be human is either lying or unreasonable or both (a euphemism for "full of shit").

The Governor of New York has just recovered from his temporary insanity, but not from his political aspirations. Instead of copping a plea of temporary insanity, he chose the usual political face saving route: "I have concluded that New York state cannot successfully address this problem on its own." Right. The fact that he chose to address the "problem" by advocating a program which undermined the rule of law had nothing to do with it. What disingenuous bullshit!

Here is another bit of disingenuous political bullshit, from the Democratic presidential front runner:
She was bloodied during a recent debate for sticking up for Spitzer's plan while shying away from outright support:

"I did not say that it should be done but I certainly recognize why Governor Spitzer is trying to do it," Clinton said. Connecticut Senator Chris Dodd interrupted Clinton, and said, "you thought it made sense to do it." Clinton responded, saying "No I didn't Chris. The point is what are we going to do with all the illegal immigrants?"
No Madam Senator, in this particular context, that is not the point. The point here is that Spitzer's plan suborned illegal activity; a plan advocated by the former New York State Attorney General no less! What the f*ck is that if not a case of temporary insanity?

I think that Spitzer was an exceptional Attorney General, one who disregarded partisan politics in favor of doing his job, which he did do admirably. As Governor, however, I can only surmise that he succumbed to partisanship and all that that entails.

No comments:

Post a Comment