Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

First they came for the super rich ...

That's right. I won. You lost, America. Suck it!      h/t Townhall
Related Link » "Enough Money"
“One of the many shallow statements that sound good -- if you don't stop and think about it -- is that "at some point, you have made enough money". The key word in this statement, made by President Barack Obama recently, is "you". There is nothing wrong with my deciding how much money is enough for me or your deciding how much money is enough for you, but when politicians think that they should be deciding how much money is enough for other people, that is starting down a very slippery slope. […] The French Revolution began arbitrary executions among the hereditary aristocracy, but ended up arbitrarily executing all sorts of other people, including eventually even leaders of the Revolution itself, such as Robespierre. […] The moral bankruptcy of the notion that third parties can decide when somebody else has "enough" money is matched by its economic illiteracy. The rest of the country is not poorer by the amount of Bill Gates' fortune today and was not poorer by the amount of John D. Rockefeller's fortune a century ago. […] Politicians who take on that role [i.e., deciding how much money is enough for other people] stifle economic progress and drain away other people's money, in order to hand out goodies that will help get themselves re-elected.”
— by Thomas Sowell, May 18, 2010 (TownHall)
First they came for the super rich, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't super rich. Then they came for the very rich, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't very rich. Then they came for the rich, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't rich. Then they came for the middle class, and I was f*cked. Because by that time, if I did speak up, they would simply declare me to be a racist and cut my tongue out.

Oh, it couldn't happen here? Go ahead, keep choking that chicken. See what it gets you.

Just remember not to cry over spilled milk.

Post #1,279 First they came for the super rich ...

No comments:

Post a Comment