Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Vidi. Vici. Veni.

Related Link » Obama 'Most Powerful Writer Since Julius Caesar,' Says NEA Chief
“Rocco Landesman, chairman of the National Endowment for the Arts, declared in a speech to art philanthropists in Brooklyn last week that President Obama is the world's most powerful writer since the days of Caesar.”
— ‘By Joseph Abrams, October 28, 2009 (FOXNews.com)’
Related Link » Obama Like Me? Roman, Please
Iowahawk Special Guest Commentary: Gaius Julius Caesar
“Yo mortal, how you livin'? It's your old pal JC, a/k/a Juicy Julius, a/k/a Flavius Flav. What's it been -- two, three millenniums? Yeah, longtimes. After that Forum dagger driveby by that punkass bitch Brutus and his crew, The Juice has been keepin' his shit on the downlow. [...] Anyhow, every since we got wifi at the Pantheon, I've been spending a lot more time online checkin' out the dillyo back in the mortal 'hood. That when I read about this choad praetor Rocco Landesman, saying that your new imperator Obamacus is "the most powerful writer since Julius Caesar." At first I was LMFAO because, let's face it, the Juice didn't waste his prime warrior time word processing a bunch of papyrus scrolls. Word cuz, where I come from that kind of bullshit is for light-in-the-sandals scribefags like Livy and Plutarch. So I guess it was like hearing "Obama is the greatest chariot mechanic since Julius Erving." But then I think about it, and I'm like, WTF? Obama's palace asslick is comparing him to me? Srsly? [...] Shit, I dunno, maybe I'm being too hard on Obamacus. The big problem is that the punk don't know how to pick a posse. Look at his Senators. Jupiter H. Cripes, I thought that crazyass Caligula was straightup psycho for appointing his horse to the Senate, but that thing had more brains than half these muthaf[*]ckers. Combined. And then there's his consuls and praetors. F[*]ck, if the Juice had that collections of douchebags the Roman Empire would have never made it past the Seven Hills Galleria Mall. Yo, Obamacus, the Juice was a rookie dictator himself once, and the Juice knows how it is. Every punk ruler-for-life wanna be the next Xerxes or Nero or Scarface. But you're never gonna get emperor game till y'all start learning to handle your candle. Know what I'm sayin'? I know you be thinkin' you're some kind of stone cold Claudius, layin' down some phat oratory at the Forum and plowing your enemies' fields under with salt. But you still a teleprompter punk, and you gotta know what you don't know.”
— ‘Iowahawk’
“Vidi. Vici. Veni.” [I saw. I conquered. I came.]
— BigJulie, The Original Czar; The Original Roman Polanski;
Original Master of All the Snatch He Saw (but NOT rape-raped)

h/t Theo

Post #985 Vidi. Vici. Veni.


No comments:

Post a Comment