Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

§ I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: If I Loved You

{Song #35 « Song #36 » Song #37}

§ ≡ One of an ongoing series of posts in which I pick, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best songs of the second millennium. Feel free to offer constructive dissenting opinions; preferably set to music.

Song #36 is If I Loved You from the musical Carousel by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II. My favorite rendition of this most beautiful love duet is from the film version of "Carousel", sung by the stars Gordon MacRae and Shirley Jones.

I had become infatuated (as a 13-year-old boy) with Ms. Jones in her 1955 film debut "Oklahoma!" (also starring MacRae), and my love for her blossomed a year later when she starred in Carousel. My love was unrequited, though I sang this duet with her many times (in my dreams).

Carousel (1956) If I Loved You Duet
h/t Anjaxo
This clip belongs to Fox and Rodgers&Hammerstein. All rights reserved.


Post #973 § I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: If I Loved You

No comments:

Post a Comment