Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Winning the Game of Life

George HerbertImage via Wikipedia

Living well is the best revenge.”
George Herbert

Related source » Scott Adams Blog: The Right Priority 02/01/2012: 'via Blog this'
[This related source is recommended in its entirety.]

“The way I approach the problem of multiple priorities is by focusing on just one main goal: energy. I make choices that maximize my personal energy because that makes it easier to manage all of the other priorities. Maximizing my personal energy means eating right, exercising, avoiding unnecessary stress, getting enough sleep, and all of the obvious steps. But it also means having something in my life that makes me excited to wake up. When I get my personal energy right, the quality of my work is better, and I can complete it faster. That keeps my career on track. And when all of that is working, and I feel relaxed and energetic, my personal life is better too. […] As soon as I publish this post, I'll feel a boost of energy from the minor accomplishment of having written something that other people will read. Then I'll get a second cup of coffee and think happy thoughts about my tennis match that is scheduled for after lunch. With my energy cranked up to maximum, I'll wade into my main job of cartooning for the next four hours. And it will seem easy.”
— Scott Adams, Feb 1, 2012 (dilbert.com)


It is easy feeling down. The meek shall inherit the earth? As if ... In three and a half score years I have observed the meek inherit mostly misery, which, in case you haven't noticed, loves company; lot's of company.

Winning takes energy, because you have to work at it. It is no accident that work and energy are measured by the same physical units.

Some people believe that winning the game of life comprises amassing lots of toys. I think that's misguided. I believe that winning, an active verb, is about living well.

It's not the goal that matters. It's the experience. Reality is a process, not a state.



Post 1,760 Winning the Game of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment