Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

"Pocket Man"

  AKA "Jacket Man"



Women's accessories - Army hat
Image via J.Crew © 2011
Wifey recently bought herself this cool-looking hat from J. Crew (pictured). I was immediately intrigued by its neat, zippered side-pocket. How cool is that!

For as long as I can remember I have had a thing for outerwear, especially jackets. As a FRENCH CONNECTION ad has it: "Man and jacket need not talk. They have understanding." This is a rule that I live by. I have many jackets.

One of the things I love about jackets is all the pockets they are outfitted with. I spend a lot of time allocating every item I take with me, when I go out, to whichever jacket-pocket is best suited for it. If, for example, I happen to place my keys in the wrong pocket, I could be locked out of our home until wifey comes back.

Anyway, I'm a fanatic when it comes to compartmentalization. Everything has its proper place. Why else would God have invented pockets? So  when I saw wifey's new hat, I began fantasizing speculating about what a person might want to put in that zippered side-pocket.

You probably wouldn't want to put anything too valuable in there because you don't have to be a skilled pick-pocket to swipe someone's hat and run. So, possibly a few coins, or subway tokens (I'm a former New Yorker). Wifey said she might use it for a shopping list or a fortune (from a cookie). I suppose a smoker could stash an emergency cigarette there. If it's a man's hat, and the man happens to be a playa or a Tiger, he'd probably keep an opportunity condom in there.

Let me know if you come up with some good ideas. Every pocket must have its designated stuff.

Post 1,604 "Pocket Man"

No comments:

Post a Comment