Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

§ I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: You Are My Sunshine

{Song #54 « Song #55 » Song #56}

§ ≡ One of an ongoing series of posts in which I pick, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best songs of the second millennium. Feel free to offer constructive dissenting opinions; preferably set to music.

Song #55 is You Are My Sunshine, as sung by Gene Autry (as well as my Mom). When I was a young boy, Gene Autry was one of my favorite cowboys. And my Mom would sing "You Are My Sunshine" to me when she was happy with me. This song became my favorite expression of unconditional love.

Mom and her Sunshine (May 30, 1950)

Gene Autry — You Are My Sunshine


Post #1,143 § I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: You Are My Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment