Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Monday, November 16, 2009

§ I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Cathy's Clown

{Song #38 « Song #39 » Song #40}

§ ≡ One of an ongoing series of posts in which I pick, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best songs of the second millennium. Feel free to offer constructive dissenting opinions; preferably set to music.

Song #39 is Cathy's Clown, sung by The Everly Brothers.

"Cathy's Clown", written and recorded by The Everly Brothers, sold eight-million copies worldwide, spending five weeks at number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart and one week on the R and B charts. It would become the Everly Brothers' biggest hit single, and their fourth and final number one. The song is ranked number 149 on the Rolling Stone magazine's list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.



Post #1,003 § I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Cathy's Clown

No comments:

Post a Comment