Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

The EgocentriCity

{ link » subject article }

Obviously, dissatisfaction with the government is hugely important in political terms, and politics are significant. But Washington needs to get over itself. Very few people define their lives politically — a fact for which we should all be grateful.
I could agree a bit more with the above premise, if you replaced "Washington" with another egocentricity — Holyshitwood.

I knew little about Amabo's Presidential credentials when he hit the campaign trail. But as soon as he accepted Harpo's vocal contributions, I knew everything I needed to know: the product of his intelligence and her ego is a constant of inverse proportionality. And lest you get the wrong idea about my personal biases, I believe a proportionality constant also obtains for the ratio of Shrillary's and Strident's respective egos.

What in the name of tarnation association would persuade those who make serious bids for the Presidency to accept the support of Holyshitheads? The latter are freaks of nature, and if it weren't for the example of Caesar's mother, no normal being could displace enough brain matter to contain the sheer volume of a typical Holyshithead ego. I am inclined to conclude that politicians who enter the ultra-high-stakes game of Washington hold 'em don't know when to fold 'em (read ignore the polls) and they bluff (read bullshit) too much. What none of them seem to do enough of is think. My fervent hope is that the people who actually vote tend to think for themselves.

3 comments:

  1. good post - you might like mine on the Obama/Oprah factor, I consider her one of the major shephards to this country's flock of sheeple:
    http://www.angryjed.com/2007/12/why-oprah-will-change-my-vote.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post - the big O is a sworn enemy of mine. Feel free to check out a similar post I did a few weeks back: http://www.angryjed.com/2007/12/why-oprah-will-change-my-vote.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it's sad that so many of my fellow citizens are swayed by endorsements--any endorsements. I wish people would make decisions for themselves, but I'm clearly a freak in the minority.

    ReplyDelete