Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

§ I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Duke of Earl

{Song #60 « Song #61 » Song #62}

§ ≡ One of an ongoing series of posts in which I pick, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best songs of the second millennium. Feel free to offer constructive dissenting opinions; preferably set to music.

Song #61 is Duke of Earl sung by Gene Chandler. In 1957 Chandler joined a doo-wop group, The Dukays, with James Lowe, Shirley Jones, Earl Edwards and Ben Broyles, soon becoming their lead singer. Vee-Jay Records released the Dukays' recording of "Duke of Earl", but credited the song solely to Chandler. It is the best known of Chandler's songs, and he subsequently dubbed himself 'The Duke of Earl'.

Gene Chandler (The Dukays) - Duke of Earl

Classic Texas Shit! | MySpace Music Videos

Post #1,195 § I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Duke of Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment