Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

§ I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Fool's Gold

{Song #23 « Song #24 » Song #25}

§ ≡ One of an ongoing series of posts in which I pick, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best songs of the second millennium. Feel free to offer constructive dissenting opinions; preferably set to music.

[In the interest of meeting TheBigHenry's challenge to respond to his picks with a musical offering, I present this companion piece to Song #23 as a post rather than a comment, which doesn't allow embedded video. ~tristein]


Song #24 is Fool's Gold sung by The Stone Roses.

The Roses' entire debut album became something of an obsession for me while I was living in London working and studying at The London School of Economics and Political Science, a period of time I can best characterize as my angst-fueled twenties. The Roses' music felt like the antidote to angst as I wandered the streets of London, one of the greatest cities in the world for walking. This song, from the album The Stone Roses, graces my iPod as the lead-off track to my 10K playlist.

The Stone Roses - Fools Gold


Post #881 § I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Fool's Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment