Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

§ I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Les Bicyclettes de Belsize

{Song #16 « Song #17 » Song #18}

§ ≡ One of an ongoing series of posts in which I pick, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best songs of the second millennium. Feel free to offer constructive dissenting opinions; preferably set to music.

Song #17 is Les Bicyclettes de Belsize, sung by Engelbert Humperdinck.

This beautiful melody has been a favorite of mine ever since I heard it sung by EH in the mid-1960's when I was a grad student at Columbia. Since the title is French, I had assumed that Belsize was a place somewhere in France. But I could never locate it, nor could I find anyone who knew where it was. Until today!



Bonus: Mireille Mathieu - Les Bicyclettes De Belsize


Post #804 § I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Les Bicyclettes de Belsize

2 comments:

  1. Well, Hi, Henry! And thank you SO SO SO MUCH for FOLLOWING me. I wanted you to know I don't FOLLOW, technically, because I have so many lists already and because I get around pretty well anyway.....so you know I'll be around to see your good blog (hadn't ever seen it before..thanks for coming by and letting me know you're here)..but I wanted to thank you for the honor.

    This melody is SO pretty and I'm so glad you reminded me of it...I had the privilege of living in Paris for four years so I got used to that French nasally voice!! Became a huge Edith Piaf fan though I could barely listen before! I'm a jazz singer, too, so....

    Come by again...I'll love talking music AND politics with you..Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx, Z.

    I'll z u around the blogosphere.

    H

    ReplyDelete