Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Research for Fun and Profit

Related Link » Rating attractiveness: Study finds consensus among men, not women

“There is much more consensus among men about whom they find attractive than there is among women, according to a new study by Wake Forest University psychologist Dustin Wood. [...] Men's judgments of women's attractiveness were based primarily around physical features and they rated highly those who looked thin and seductive.”
 — The study, co-authored by Claudia Brumbaugh of Queens College, appears in the June issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.

It's stories like these that tempt me to come out of retirement. I could do this kind of research too, you know. After all, I'M STILL BREATHING!

"[T]hey rated highly those who looked thin and seductive" did they? No f*cking shit! Men go for tits and ass? Well shut ma mouth! Ya cudda knocked me over with a feather, when I read that. Why didn't they conduct this research before I got to high school? At least I would have understood why I had trouble walking around for 4 years!

I could go on in this vein, but you catch my drift; if you're a man. But, and I admit I am way out of my realm of expertise on this one, I somehow think women get it too. But, who really knows what women want. Am I right? But with men, you know ...

Post #814 Research for Fun and Profit

2 comments:

  1. Mon ami, you are being too hard on Herr Doktor Wood. This man is, well, a genius.

    Here's a quote from his website at Wake Forest:

    "People are regularly concerned with whether they act in a “normal” fashion, but what does it mean to be normal? [...] As people progress from childhood to adulthood, acting conscientious, agreeable, and emotionally stable becomes more important to seeing oneself as 'normal' (Wood, Gosling, & Potter, 2007), and becomes more consensually expected by others (Wood & Roberts, 2006)."

    Now doesn't that fly in the face of the old adage that vindictive, unreliable psychotics are normal?

    Where were you in the 60's, Sir?

    And where would we be without such men as Dr. Wood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure I don't know where we would be without such men, mon ami. Probably f*cked as we are now, but, perhaps, enjoying it more.

    ReplyDelete