Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sorry

Sarah Spitz

Publicity Director & Producer
Left, Right & Center; Politics of Culture

Read related » Liberal journalists suggest government shut down Fox News
“If you were in the presence of a man having a heart attack, how would you respond? As he clutched his chest in desperation and pain, would you call 911? Would you try to save him from dying? Of course you would. But if that man was Rush Limbaugh, and you were Sarah Spitz, a producer for NPR affiliate KCRW for the show Left, Right & Center, that isn’t what you’d do at all. In a post to the list-serv Journolist, an online meeting place for liberal journalists, Spitz wrote that she would, "Laugh loudly like a maniac and watch his eyes bug out" as Limbaugh writhed in torment. In boasting that she would gleefully watch a man die in front of her eyes, Spitz seemed to shock even herself. "I never knew I had this much hate in me", she wrote. "But he deserves it".”
— By Jonathan Strong - The Daily Caller | Published: 07/21/2010

Well, who knows whether or not he deserves it. Perhaps Ms. Spitz is privy to some really egregious felonious assault that the target of her venomous fantasy perpetrated against one of her children. Or, perhaps she is just a hateful bitch.

Read related » Public Radio Publicist Apologizes For Controversial Remarks About Limbaugh
KCRW is one of some 900 independently-operated public radio stations across the country that air NPR's news, talk and entertainment programming. Like network TV affiliates, they air national programming but act autonomously. At 2:10 p.m. ET, Spitz issued this statement:

“I made poorly considered remarks about Rush Limbaugh to what I believed was a private email discussion group from my personal email account. As a publicist, I realize more than anyone that is no excuse for irresponsible behavior. I apologize to anyone I may have offended and I regret these comments greatly; they do not reflect the values by which I conduct my life.”
— by DAVID GURA, July 21, 2010 (NPR)
Sounds like a typical non-apology to me. "I made poorly considered remarks ... to what I believed was a private email" is your basic "I am really sorry I got caught with my venom dribbling down my chin".

"I may have offended"? You mean there is doubt?

And, "they do not reflect the values by which I conduct my life" is a bald-faced lie. The values one truly lives by are revealed precisely when one believes one has the presumption of privacy.

Post 1,360 Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment