Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

§ I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Come Go with Me

{Song #47 « Song #48 » Song #49}

§ ≡ One of an ongoing series of posts in which I pick, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best songs of the second millennium. Feel free to offer constructive dissenting opinions; preferably set to music.

Song #48 is Come Go with Me, sung by The Del-Vikings, which became a hit single in 1957, reaching #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and becoming the group's highest-charting song. The song was later featured in the films "American Graffiti" (1973) and "Stand by Me" (1986).

To me, this song says 2 (or 3) words: high-school sophomore. I'm 15; just shuffling along; minding my own business. Suddenly, and without warning, bam! So that's why we need girls!



Post #1,083 § I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Come Go with Me

No comments:

Post a Comment