Note Well:
This blog is intended for rational audiences. Its contents are the personal opinions of its author. If you quote from this blog, which you
may do with attribution, please assume personal accountability for any consequences of mischaracterizing these expressed intentions.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

§ I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral

{Song #71 « Song #72 » Song #73}

§ ≡ One of an ongoing series of posts in which I pick, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best songs of the second millennium. Feel free to offer constructive dissenting opinions; preferably set to music.

Song #72 is Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral ("That's an Irish Lullaby") sung by Bing Crosby. It is a classic Irish song originally written in 1914 by composer James Royce Shannon and popularised by Bing Crosby in 1944's film Going My Way.

I've been told that there are two kinds of people in this world — the Irish and those who wish they were. My first inkling that this may be so was when my Mom sang this lullaby to me many years ago. She was a very big fan of Bing Crosby's.

Though I am not of recent Irish ancestry, my Y-DNA has been traced to the late 4th-century Irish king Niall of the Nine Hostages (and/or the seven vegetables). And having married an Irish girl, with strawberry blonde hair and freckles, I believe I have a legitimate claim to some Irish heritage, if only by virtue of inverse injection.

Bing Crosby - Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral (That's an Irish Lullaby)


Post #1,325 § I Am Music and I Pick the Songs: Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral

No comments:

Post a Comment